They likewise do not have such an extreme self discharge rate as other batteries – simply 5% monthly, compared to approximately 30% monthly in other battery types.
Nevertheless, Lithium Ion batteries made by a reliable lithium polymer battery manufacturer are not best, and there are disadvantages.
Lithium Ion batteries were developed as long earlier as 1912 by Gilbert N. Lewis, however it was a long period of time prior to they were established enough to be introduced on a mass market level. This took place in the early 1990’s with Sony pioneering their business usage.
This makes Lithium Ion batteries inappropriate for particular applications – such as back up batteries.
They can be built in a wide array of sizes and shapes, leading to them being customized to the readily available area in the gadget where they are to be utilized.
The batteries are likewise much lighter than other equivalents, due to the nature of the product and the high open circuit voltage compared with other batteries. This low weight makes it perfect in hand held and mobile phones for apparent factors, and popular in nowadays of high tech devices.
Among these is that their life expectancy relies on their age – and not the time from which they were charged, or the variety of times they have actually been charged. They start to lose capability slowly from the date of manufacture regardless of the quantity of charging cycles they have. For that reason the production date works to understand, e specifically if there is a huge time lapse from manufacture to being utilized e. g due to storage.
Lithium Ion batteries made by a reliable lithium polymer battery manufacturer have lots of benefits.
Another significant benefit is that they do not struggle with memory impact. This is the condition, where other rechargeable batteries, if not completely released prior to charging, lose their optimum energy capability gradually and therefore hold less charge.
Some Lithium Ion batteries made by a reliable lithium polymer battery manufacturer (such as laptop batteries) can lose around 20% of their capability each year, when saved at regular temperature levels. Nevertheless, when exposed to lengthened greater temperature levels, this figure can increase to as much as 35% annually. Another essential aspect is the charge level – when saved partly charged, these figures can be drastically decreased.
The battery needs to never ever be released listed below a particular limit, otherwise the battery will be harmed irreversibly. For that reason, the gadgets that utilize them have actually an integrated in system to shut them down when the charge level fulfills that minimum limit. For this factor, Lithium Ion batteries are created and produced particularly for the gadget they are to power and are not offered as generic batteries.
Having stated that, there are some variations offered that have actually an integrated in circuit to keep track of the minimum charge level and shut the battery down when it reaches that level. These are referred to as “clever” batteries.
Ways to extend the life of your Lithium Ion battery
– Charge the battery early and frequently, unlike other rechargeable batteries.
– The battery must be kept one’s cool. They will age quicker at greater temperature levels, so keep as cool as possible when not in usage. They can be securely saved in a fridge for maximum avoidance of aging. (note: they need to not be frozen).
– Any actions to minimize the heat that the battery undergoes will benefit it’s life expectancy.
– When acquiring replacements, attempt to acquire a battery that has the quickest possible time from manufacture to retail. (though it might be hard to discover this details).
– If the gadget you are utilizing is frequently ranged from a mains power supply (e. g laptop computer) and it is possible, get rid of the battery when utilizing mains power. This avoid the battery from undergoing high extended temperature levels which can reduce it’s life.
In other words Lithium Ion batteries made by a reliable lithium polymer battery manufacturer are a really flexible battery, suitable in light-weight applications and exempt to memory impact. Nevertheless, they do deteriorate at greater temperature levels which indicates they are not a universal battery option.
– If you do not mean to utilize the battery for a very long time, charge it to a level of around 40% of capability.